24 Oct The Importance of Quality Furniture: Upholstery Edition
At Ferrin’s, we pride ourselves in selling high quality furniture, ranging from Flexsteel upholstery, Stressless by Ekornes, to Amish made case goods. Over the next couple weeks, we are going to be giving you the ins and outs of why it is important to buy quality furniture. We will chat about upholstery, reclining furniture, dining room, and entertainment.
DIVING INTO UPHOLSTERY
Upholstery is something that gives us instant gratification! Your living room isn’t just a place where the Television sits but rather a room that is tied together with laughter, game nights and love. With that being said, you need something that can last for several years.
Here are a few of the main points you should consider when picking out that perfect piece of upholstery:
- It starts with the bones: When it comes to upholstery, it’s what’s on the inside that counts! The three main areas to consider are your frame construction, the seat construction and the suspension system.
- The frame should be constructed of hardwood or laminate, glued and corner blocked, and covered by a multi-year warranty.
- The seat cushions should be of high density foam and covered under a multi-year warranty. We LOVE working with Flexsteel because they offer 4 different cushion options; ranging from luxury to down-filled!
- The suspension system should have a steel spring system rather than rubber webbing.
- Let’s talk fabric: All fabrics are not created equal. On one side you have man made materials such as polyester, acrylic, nylon, etc. On the other side, there are natural fabrics such as cotton, silk, linen and wool. If you are looking for something with high wearability, the best choice is polyester or a blend of man made materials.
- Leather: All quality furniture is built with top grain leather, meaning the top cut of the hide. If you are serious about having leather all the way around your piece of furniture, make sure to ask the salesperson who is helping you. Most of our stationary leather frames are leather all the way around.
- Does it come with pillows? We love pillows! They add the perfect pop to a piece of upholstery. It is always a great value when the pillows are included with your new sofa or love seat. Not to mention, it is fun to pick out your pillow fabric!
- What type of back do you like on your sofa? Do you want a tight back, semi-attached backs or loose backs? This is something you should consider based on your lifestyle and your overall vision for your living room.
Brands we trust: Flexsteel, Lane, Broyhill, Stressless by Ekornes, Intermountain Furniture
If you have any questions regarding upholstery, we would love to hear from you! Stay tuned next week for the importance of purchasing quality reclining furniture!